Blog1 post

Tuesday 19 June 2012

WHERE ARE MY ABS AGAIN???


"However, my problem arose last week when i slipped on a pair of size 8 low rise
skinny jeans and I had my tummy roll over the hip line of my jeans!"

In days gone by it was so easy to find slim, petite, female figures. Women were able to have and maintain slender bodies with great ease. It became a societal norm to be thin. Men on the other hand would not be fat however seeing a guy with perfect pecks or a nicely toned physique was a rarity, almost like a delicacy. :)
I recall going to a prominent club a few years back where a group of dancers would perform. I noticed when these dancers went on stage, it was taken for granted that the female dancers had stunning physiques but when we looked  at male dancers, they looked fantastic and remarkably entertaining.....Albeit, to such an extent that all the male clubbers around me would not be looking at the women, but the male dancers. Usually jaws dropped!

It amused me for quite a while until recently, when I could not help but notice how every twenty year old male and a lot of thirty year olds have exceptionally well maintained physiques. It has become so hard to miss. Guys have taken the upkeep of their bodies to an extremely high level with every second guy walking around with a tight ass, muscular arms, broad chests, and oh so stunning tattoos to match!

The more you look around, the more you will see how women have taken a nose dive in this arena. There are the most “rounded” women “around”, very unshapely figures and badly proportioned physiques. Its hilarious listening to women make excuses for their out of shape bodies but more especially being unhealthy. My favourite excuse…. "I have an over active thyroid” then it’s the baby, the age and genetic structure!

Personally I have always maintained a weight of 45kg-46kg my entire life even after having a baby. I went through a stage where I focussed on muscle tone but weight was never really an impediment to me. I always ate in portions and generally healthy foods. As much as I was and am small build, I always knew that I was not healthy and unfit.

After having a baby I continued to buy clothes that were my pre-pregnancy size for fear that I will get too comfortable with a larger clothes size. In no time I was back into my normal clothes. However, my problem arose last week when i slipped on a pair of size 8 low rise skinny jeans and I had my tummy roll over the hip line of my jeans! My jeans still fitted but my belly roll just appeared. I can attribute my new addition to winter and my hibernation but what would be the point of this? It would explain my situation but never rectify my problem.

Immediately I was panic stricken, looking for an almost instant solution, for which we all know there is none! It was at this moment that I made a pact with myself, that I would take better care of my body, it is the least I could do for a body that allows me so many luxuries! I decided that I will not only be healthy but also work towards clearly defined abs by the spring in September.

Let me tell you this, it is easier said than done!

The next couple posts are going to be updates on my journey to being fit and healthy with a great body….more especially great abs...not in a gym but my very own way....

No comments:

Post a Comment